I have admittedly been sitting on this for a while now and have just had the opportunity to post about it. How can we take advantage of Google's Tour Creator in education even when we don't have a 360 camera? Make Tour Creator Drawings with your class!
If you don't know Tour Creator yet it's a web browser app online from google which allows users to create 360 immersive tours. Traditionally we think of these tours using photos. Here's my tour I made of Auschwitz. But we can also create the tour using drawings. Here's my sample drawing tour (turn the sound on for this).
Well how did I do that and how can you do it? Easy. Below is my brief intro video.
ISTE 2018 is off to a pre-conference start. I had the opportunity to listen to Dr. Resnick of MIT https://web.media.mit.edu/~mres/ speak on Scratch 3.0 and the new features we are about to see. I’m on board with it, and excited for what’s coming. My only reservations are the provided materials may be blocked (YouTube), no collaboration features, and a lack of ability to see the code as a syntactical language. Beta Launch 3.0 August 1st, 2018Full Launch 3.0 January 2nd, 2019 Dr. Resnick asserts Scratch 3.0 provides more ways to create and more ways to get started. The editor has a new look which provides a better user experience.It even works well with iPad. I checked.
It has a nice new add sprite function with a library of sprites showing costumes like gifs as you mouse over. Block pallet is fully scrollable. No longer do we need to remember the category for the block. We can scroll through them all or jump to a category. Blocks are bigger for touch screen ability. Pallet of blocks is on…
It was brought to my attention by a friend that I have been redirecting my naked domain of claycodes.org to the new Google Sites essentially hosting a site for free. The question is how the heck did I do that? Well here's the show from Google and here's the how from me below.
1. Create a New Google Site to redirect to.
2. Publish the site to a folder on your site directory. Be sure to Manage your setting so "Anyone can find and view".
3. Open your Admin console and go to Apps>GSuite>Sites (Sites is on the second page of apps by default).
4. Scroll to the bottom and expand Web Address Mapping by clicking on it.
5. Click Add A New Web Address
6. I recommend keeping the NewSites setting,
7. At Site location enter the Site Folder Name from when you published. Be sure your site is on the domain selected.
8. Use www as your subdomain.
9. Set up a CNAME of www in your DNS settings. I recommend using Google domains. It makes things easier. Here's how my records …